For more information Contact Us.
As a naturopath, nutritionist, herbalist and homoeopath, Paul treats the types of disorders for which you would consider consulting with a doctor.
As a remedial massage therapist (Goltech®), Paul treats the types of disorders for which you would consider consulting with a physiotherapist or chiropractor: tendon, ligament and muscular problems in every part of the body, including the back & neck, the upper limbs including shoulder, elbow, wrist & hand, and the lower limbs
including hip, knee and ankle & foot. See the heading Musculo-Skeletal in the list below.
Please note Paul does not practise spinal manipulation. He believes the spine realigns itself if the soft tissues (muscle, tendons and ligaments) are properly balanced. NB – There are powerful testimonies to the effectiveness of Paul’s remedial massage treatments on the “Testimonials” page.
Paul’s therapeutic services include but are not limited to the following health problems:
- High Blood Pressure
- High Cholesterol
- Poor Circulation
- Varicose Veins
Ear Nose & Throat
- Ear Infections including Glue Ear
- Hay Fever
- Post Nasal Drip
- Sore Throats & Tonsillitis
- Colic including infant colic
- Crohns Disease
- Food Allergies & Intolerances
- Indigestion & Wind Problems
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Liver & Gall Bladder Problems
- Ulcers – Peptic (gastric, duodenal, oesophogeal)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Worms (Threadworms)
- Auto-Immune Disorders of all types
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Post Viral Syndrome
- Bacterial Infections (most)
- Colds & Flu
- Glandular Fever (Infectious Mononucleosis)
- Ross River Virus
- Viral Infections generally
- Arthritic & Rheumatic complaints
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Muscle, Tendon & Ligament Complaints
- Sports Injuries
- Headaches (including Migraines)
- Muscular Twitches
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
Reproductive Disorders – Female
- Breast Feeding Problems
- Colic – infant colic
- Dysmenorrhoea (painful periods, period pain)
- Functional Infertility
- Heavy Periods – Flooding
- Hot Flushes
- Menstrual problems of all types
- Miscarriage (Repeating)
- Morning Sickness
- Pre-Menstrual Syndrome
- Pregnancy management & Preparation for Labour
- Prolapses (prolapsed uterus, prolapsed vagina)
Reproductive Disorders – Male
- Low Libido
- Prostate Problems
- Chronic Respiratory Infections
Respiratory Disorders – Lower
- Chronic Respiratory Infections
- Cold Sores (Herpes)
- Lichen Planus
- Varicose UlcersThere are many other disorders Paul treats. If you are unsure if Paul can help with your problem, please ring.
Helen has a keen interest in Educational & Developmental Psychology,
an area in which she is undertaking further study. Her approach is to help you explore your issues and to impart life-enhancing skills that can be applied in your personal situation. To think of Helen as a coach would be close to the mark. Such an approach can be useful in a wide range of situations. You may simply wish to explore your life issues and future options. Helen can assist you in doing that. Or you may have serious problems requiring the assistance of a skilled professional. Helen is very experienced in helping clients handle a wide variety of problems, including but not limited to:
- Anxiety, Depression and other nervous disorders.
- Drug related issues.
- Relationship Issues.
To help you understand the overview Helen will take if you elect to use her services, it may be helpful for you to think of your mental wellbeing as an interaction between the pressures you are under from your environment, and what is going on inside yourself. And if you want to improve that wellbeing, you need to improve your resources and capacity for handling life’s challenges. Those resources can be thought of as being in one of two categories.
1. Inner self. That covers such things as your thoughts, feelings and actions. You are entirely responsible for these. There’s an old saying that goes like this:
“Sow a thought, reap and attitude; sow an attitude reap a behaviour; sow a behaviour, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a destiny.”
Every thought and attitude has short, medium, and long term consequences. And sometimes the solution to a problem, and the road to improved mental wellbeing lies in examining thoughts, feelings, attitudes and behaviours, and making a conscious decision to change them in a way that will lead to more positive outcomes. Sometimes, such changes are major. At other times, it is merely a matter of reframing, which means to change the way you think about, for example, your current circumstance(s), or a life event that has been bothering you. But whether the changes made are big or small, such changes can at times be life transforming.
2. Social Self. That means how you interact with other people. That is primarily a learned skill, and since it is a skill, it can always be improved. Every relationship is different, and different skills may be required depending on the social context. New social and life skills can make a huge difference to your capacity to rise above circumstances and therefore to your sense of empowerment and wellbeing. The sorts of questions that need to be asked under this heading include such things as:
- How do I handle conflict?
- What are my conflict resolution skills like? Do I feel controlled by other people? How do I decide what is rightfully my area of power, and what is rightfully someone else’s? How and when do I stop others from taking control of my life? These are called boundary issues.
- What is my relational style, and how do I communicate with others? How do I communicate effectively with people who have a different relational style?
- How do I fit into groups? What is my role in a group setting? How do groups operate? These are issues of group dynamics and roles.In general, mental wellbeing and life satisfaction improve as people explore and grow in the above areas.Davies Natural Therapies provides the services of skilled professionals: Paul Davies who practises as a naturopath, nutritionist, herbalist, homoeopath, and remedial massage therapist and Helen Davies who practises as a psychologist & counsellor. We service Greater Brisbane – especially the northern side of Brisbane, firstly starting at Petrie (where we are located), but also including but not limited to other northern suburbs listed alphabetically for your convenience:Albany Creek, Albany Hills, Bray Park, Bridgeman Downs, Brisbane, Bunya, Burpengary, Caboolture, Chermside, Dakabin, Eatons Hill, Everton Hills, Everton Park, Ferny Grove, Ferny Hills, Fortitude Valley, Kallangur, Lawnton, Mango Hill, Morayfield, Murrumba Downs, Narangba, North Lakes, Petrie, Samford, Samsonvale, Spring Hill, Stafford, Strathpine, Warner, and north up to and including the Sunshine Coast. Sorry if we haven’t listed you and you’re on the north side of Brisbane! Give us a call!